Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Handshakes


To learn a new language, you need someone to talk to, and often you'll meet someone new. More than anything else, you've got be relaxed in the classroom. So, let's break the ice and have a look at the different ways of greeting.



When saying hello & good-bye for the first time, what do you normally do?

When people meet, they should shake hands, smile and say: I'm ... (name). Nice to meet you.

or

Hello (name of the person)

Nice to meet you again. How are things?

Hello

Hi

Pleased to meet you.

Nice to meet you.

How do you do?

A handshake

A hug







Tap on one's back

Make eye contact with the other person

Hold the handshake for a few seconds

Smile

- Hello
How are you?

- I'm fine thank you. And you?
- Not bad, thanks.

- Goodbye!. Have a nice day.
- See you this morning!

- I'm sorry I'm late.
- I'm sorry.
- Excuse me!
- Don't worry.
- That's ok.
- Really?
- It doesn't matter.







As you can see above, you've got plenty of examples to practise all through this post. So, now it's your turn to grab a classmate and put your greetings into practice. Let's get it started!


No comments:

Post a Comment